Our latest innovations
A DRIVE FOR INNOVATION
At PPG, we never stop innovating. Our new technologies are helping customers achieve brand protection, meet efficiency goals, reduce costs, improve environmental sustainability. In short, they’re reshaping today’s packaging marketplace.
SHOWCASING NEW TECHNOLOGIES
Every year, we bring new and progressive products to the market that reflect the changing needs of the customers we serve. In fact, 25% of our portfolio consists of products that are less than four years old, including:
- INNOVEL® HPS Internal spray lacquers, waterborne, FDA & EU compliant, excellent flavor performance, good flexibility, robust application, retort and pasteurization capable, very good acid/alcohol pack performance.
- INNOVEL® MAX coating, polyester technology that replaces polyamide imide liners for aluminum aerosol cans and results in higher application solids and one-component simplification.
- INNOVEL® VCL, a versatile clear internal liner for aluminum aerosol cans, bottles and tubes that enables customers to consolidate several coatings into one.
- PPG6100 & PPG6150, high performance internal gold coating system for full aperture easy-open-ends delivering excellent protection of the rivet zone and strong chemical resistance even to the most aggressive contents.
- iSense TouchTM for beer & beverage cans, a specialty texture varnish used on the exterior of beverage cans to create a unique and attractive design for a wide range of labels.